Melaku Fanta and other 12 detained on corruption charges
Addis Ababa, May 11 (WIC) - Ethiopian police detained thirteen individuals today, according to the press statement from the Federal Anti-Corruption Commission.
Melaku Fanta, Director General of the Ethiopian Revenues and Customs Authority with the rank of a Minister is among the detainee.
His deputy, Gebrewahed Woldegiorgis is also put in custody.
It is to be recalled Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn recently called the public to provide him tips on corrupted officials.
Lists of imprisoned officials and others
1. Ato Melaku Fenta, Director General of Ethiopian Revenue and Customs in the rank of Minister Authority
2. Ato Gebrewahid Woldegiorgis, Deputy Director of Ethiopian Revenue and Customs Authority
3. Eshetu Woldesemayat, Director of Legal issues in Ethiopian Revenue and Customs Authority
4. Asmelash Woldesemaya, Head of Kality Customs
5. Tiruneh Berta, team coordinator in Ethiopian Revenue and Customs Authority
6. Amigne Tagele, Head of Adama Customs
7. Mulugeta Gashaw, Engineer in Oromia Special Zone
8. Ketema Kebede, Owner of the KK Trading
9. Simachew Kebede, Owner of the Intercontinental Hotel
10. Mihretab Abreha, Investor
11. Nega Gebre Egziabeher, Owner of Netsa Trading PLC
12. Zerihun Zewdie, broker
13. Marshet Tesfa, broker
|< Prev||Next >|