AU welcomes endorsement of transition roadmap in Mali
Addis Ababa Feburary 1 , 2013 ( WIC ) -The African Union Commission Chairperson, Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma welcomed the endorsement of the Transition Roadmap by Mali’s National Assembly, on 29 January 2013, following its adoption and presentation to Parliament by the Government, AU said.
According to an AU press release issued on Thursday, the Chairperson said that this development will contribute to further mobilizing the international community in support of the Malian Government’s efforts to liberate the northern part of the country and to organize free, fair and transparent elections that will mark the end of the transitional period.
She appealed to the leaders and all Malian stakeholders to work together to the implementation of the various components of the Roadmap. The Chairperson also called on them to refrain from any acts likely to undermine this process.
She expressed the hope that, in so doing, the Malian people will be empowered to achieve their legitimate aspiration for peace, unity, democracy and prosperity. (ENA)
|< Prev||Next >|
- Eritrean rebels claim to have killed dozens of intelligence agents
- Al Shabaab on move to recruit young fighters ahead of massive military assault
- In 2014 Chinese-African trade will surpass $200 billion
- Meeting of Eastern Africa Defense, Security Council in Nairobi
- Kenya, Somalia vow to eliminate Al-Shabaab
- ENCDC holds a conference on the prevailing of freedom, democracy and justice in Eritrea
- Kismayo Airport resumes functioning
- Tana High-Level Forum kicks off