Addis Ababa, December 26, 2012 (WIC) - As part of the Implementation of the Regional Cooperation Initiative for the Elimination of the Lord’s Resistance Army (ICR-LRA), the African Union Commission is planning to organize a ministerial meeting of the Joint Coordination Meeting (JCM) of the ICR-LRA, AU said.
In a press release AU sent to ENA on Tuesday, the ministerial meeting will bring together the Defense Ministers of member countries of the Initiative, namely, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda and South Sudan.
The meeting is expected to review and approve the mission documents of the ICR-LRA.
According to ENA, the proposed ministerial meeting is a follow up to the meeting of experts and Chiefs of Defense Staff held in Bangui on 20 December 2012.
The forthcoming adoption by the Defense Ministers of the mission documents of the Initiative will make it possible to enhance the effectiveness of the military operations undertaken under the command of the Regional Task Force Headquarters based in Yambio, South Sudan.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Somalia Re-Opens its National Intelligence & Security Agency
- Eritrean rebels claim to have killed dozens of intelligence agents
- Al Shabaab on move to recruit young fighters ahead of massive military assault
- ENCDC holds a conference on the prevailing of freedom, democracy and justice in Eritrea
- Tana High-Level Forum kicks off
- In 2014 Chinese-African trade will surpass $200 billion
- Kenya, Somalia vow to eliminate Al-Shabaab
- Meeting of Eastern Africa Defense, Security Council in Nairobi