African Union to Celebrate 50th Golden Jubilee, January 1 – May, 25 2013
Addis Ababa, December 11, 2012 (WIC) - According to Professor Mekonen Hadis, Chairperson of the National Organizing Committee, African Union will mark its 50th Anniversary as of January 1 to May 25, 2013.
The report says the National Organizing Committee (NOC) was tasked with the responsibility of organizing the golden jubilee celebration.
The committee is composed of relevant stakeholders, including ministries, state owned enterprises, chambers of commerce, labour unions and a number of professional associations.
As host to the headquarters of the then OAU and now the African Union, the celebration of the 50th Anniversary has special significance for Ethiopia.
The chairperson highlights Ethiopia’s unwavering commitment for peace in the continent, intra-Africa trade and economic growth explaining why the nation attaches special significance to the anniversary.
According to ERTA, the Golden Jubilee Celebration will be remembered as Year of Pan-Africanism and African Renaissance.
The OAU was established in 1963 and has been headquartered in Ethiopia since inception..
|< Prev||Next >|
- Eritrean rebels claim to have killed dozens of intelligence agents
- Somalia Re-Opens its National Intelligence & Security Agency
- Al Shabaab on move to recruit young fighters ahead of massive military assault
- In 2014 Chinese-African trade will surpass $200 billion
- Tana High-Level Forum kicks off
- Kenya, Somalia vow to eliminate Al-Shabaab
- Meeting of Eastern Africa Defense, Security Council in Nairobi
- ENCDC holds a conference on the prevailing of freedom, democracy and justice in Eritrea