20 arrested in security crackdown in Jowhar town
Addis Ababa, 29 August 2014 (WIC) - At least 20 people have been arrested in security operations carried out by security forces in collaboration with local police in Jowhar town, the provincial capital of Middle Shabelle region.
Muse Killi, an official from Jowhar police force told Bar-kulan that the security operations were conducted in Hanti-wadag neighborhood where an official from the tax collection department was injured on Wednesday night.
Those arrested in the security operations are suspected of having involved in the incident which left the tax collector injured on Wednesday night.
Meanwhile, the condition of the injured tax collector is improving according to some of the medical staff at Inter-SOS hospital in Jowhar who spoke to Bar-kulan.
This is the first time such security operations are carried out in the town since the new regional governor came to power early this month. (Radio Bar)
|< Prev||Next >|
- Eritrean rebels claim to have killed dozens of intelligence agents
- Somalia Re-Opens its National Intelligence & Security Agency
- Al Shabaab on move to recruit young fighters ahead of massive military assault
- In 2014 Chinese-African trade will surpass $200 billion
- Meeting of Eastern Africa Defense, Security Council in Nairobi
- Kenya, Somalia vow to eliminate Al-Shabaab
- Tana High-Level Forum kicks off
- ENCDC holds a conference on the prevailing of freedom, democracy and justice in Eritrea