Somali and AMISOM troops seize El-garas village near Tiyeglow
Addis Ababa, 25 August 2014 (WIC) - Somali government administration in Bakol region has stated that Somali government forces backed by AMISOM troops on Sunday seized El-garas village near Tiyeglow district in Bakol region.
Somali government’s deputy commissioner of Bakol region, Sheikh Hassan Lugbur confirmed the seizure of El-garas village to Bar-kulan and vowed that the allied forces will continue their war against al Shabaab fighters in Bakol region.
Lugbur said the forces seized the town without resistance from the militant group who left their positions earlier in the morning after they learnt the advancing of allied forces towards the village.
The deputy commissioner further stated that the allied forces will be advancing to other AlaShabaab strongholds in the region in the coming few weeks. (Radio Bar-kulan)
|< Prev||Next >|
- Eritrean rebels claim to have killed dozens of intelligence agents
- Al Shabaab on move to recruit young fighters ahead of massive military assault
- In 2014 Chinese-African trade will surpass $200 billion
- Somalia Re-Opens its National Intelligence & Security Agency
- Meeting of Eastern Africa Defense, Security Council in Nairobi
- Kenya, Somalia vow to eliminate Al-Shabaab
- Tana High-Level Forum kicks off
- ENCDC holds a conference on the prevailing of freedom, democracy and justice in Eritrea