20 youths arrested in security crackdown in Afgoye town
Addis Ababa, 6 August 2014 (WIC) - Somali security forces in Afgoye district of Lower Shabelle region have reportedly arrested over 20 youths in a security crackdown conducted in various parts of the town.
The youths were arrested on Sunday night and are suspected of having links with Al Shabaab militant group.
They are now being held in the main police station in the town and are being questioned by relevant authorities.
The security forces were seen entering houses in the area and stopping vehicles for security searches during the crackdown in the town which resulted in the arrests of the 20 suspected youths. (Radio Bar-kulan)
|< Prev||Next >|
- Eritrean rebels claim to have killed dozens of intelligence agents
- Al Shabaab on move to recruit young fighters ahead of massive military assault
- In 2014 Chinese-African trade will surpass $200 billion
- Somalia Re-Opens its National Intelligence & Security Agency
- Meeting of Eastern Africa Defense, Security Council in Nairobi
- Kenya, Somalia vow to eliminate Al-Shabaab
- Tana High-Level Forum kicks off
- ENCDC holds a conference on the prevailing of freedom, democracy and justice in Eritrea