40 Somali women conclude peace conference in Galkayo
A three-day conference which brought together over 40 female participants has been concluded in Galkayo, the provincial capital of Mudug region on Thursday.
The meeting which was organized by Genera Service Agency, a humanitarian organization in Somalia focused on the role of women in restoring peace and order in Somalia.
Galmudug President, Abdi Hassan Awale Qeybdiid who spoke at the closing ceremony applauded the efforts of Somali women towards the restoration of peace and security to the country.
According to Bar-kulan, Omar Salad Elemi, one of GSA officials promised that his organization will continue organizing such meetings for the Somali women in the future.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Eritrean rebels claim to have killed dozens of intelligence agents
- Somalia Re-Opens its National Intelligence & Security Agency
- Al Shabaab on move to recruit young fighters ahead of massive military assault
- In 2014 Chinese-African trade will surpass $200 billion
- Meeting of Eastern Africa Defense, Security Council in Nairobi
- Kenya, Somalia vow to eliminate Al-Shabaab
- Tana High-Level Forum kicks off
- ENCDC holds a conference on the prevailing of freedom, democracy and justice in Eritrea