Somali MP killed in Mogadishu, 2nd in 24 hours, says state media
Addis Ababa, 22 April 2014 (WIC) - Unknown gunmen shot dead a Somali lawmaker on Tuesday in Mogadishu, capital of Somalia, who was the second Somali member of parliament (MP) killed in 24 hours, state media reported.
Lawmaker Abdelaziz Isaq Mursal was shot dead by unknown gunmen near his home in Mogadishu, according to the report.
Mursal's death followed the killing of Isaq Mohamed Riino, member of the Somali federal parliament, in a bomb explosion on Monday. (AMISOM-MMO.)
|< Prev||Next >|
- Eritrean rebels claim to have killed dozens of intelligence agents
- Somalia Re-Opens its National Intelligence & Security Agency
- Al Shabaab on move to recruit young fighters ahead of massive military assault
- In 2014 Chinese-African trade will surpass $200 billion
- Tana High-Level Forum kicks off
- Meeting of Eastern Africa Defense, Security Council in Nairobi
- Kenya, Somalia vow to eliminate Al-Shabaab
- ENCDC holds a conference on the prevailing of freedom, democracy and justice in Eritrea