Al Shabaab on the verge of elimination
Addis Ababa, 15 April 2014 (WIC) - The Minister of Information for the Somali Federal Cabinet Mustafa Sheikh Ali Dhuhulow, participated in a special ceremony in London hosted by the Somali community residing in England.
During the gathering, the Minister updated the audience on the development of Somalia’s security as well as highlighting the positive progress it is going through.
The Minister explained that al Shabaab are on their last legacy with the majority surrendering themselves to the government, and that the rest will be eliminated by the military offensives launched by the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) and Somali National Army.
“The insurgents of al Shabaab that are staging stealth attacks in Mogadishu are a minority; with the greater part of the Islamist militants in the process of being eradicated,” mentioned Dhuhulow
According to AMISOM MON., The speech by the Minister comes at a time when the Somali National Army backed by the AMISOM force are performing their military offensives to wipe out the al Qaeda affiliated al Shabaab terrorist cell.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Eritrean rebels claim to have killed dozens of intelligence agents
- Somalia Re-Opens its National Intelligence & Security Agency
- Al Shabaab on move to recruit young fighters ahead of massive military assault
- In 2014 Chinese-African trade will surpass $200 billion
- Tana High-Level Forum kicks off
- Meeting of Eastern Africa Defense, Security Council in Nairobi
- Kenya, Somalia vow to eliminate Al-Shabaab
- ENCDC holds a conference on the prevailing of freedom, democracy and justice in Eritrea