SNA, AMISOM capture Wabho town
Addis Ababa, 7 April 2014 (WIC) - Somali National Army and AMISOM forces have captured Wahbo town which is 42 kilometer west of Elbur town in Galgadud province. Abdihakim Abdullahi government official in the area has told Bar-Kulan that the militants fled the area and there was no any resistance from the group.
He said the normalcy has returned in the town saying that the business has opened. He urged the humanitarian organizations to come into the rescue of people in the surrounding areas saying they are in need of help.
Al Shabaab militant group has lost key strategic areas since a major offensive was launched against them by Somali National Army and AMISOM forces. (AMISOM Mon.)
|< Prev||Next >|
- Eritrean rebels claim to have killed dozens of intelligence agents
- Somalia Re-Opens its National Intelligence & Security Agency
- Al Shabaab on move to recruit young fighters ahead of massive military assault
- In 2014 Chinese-African trade will surpass $200 billion
- Tana High-Level Forum kicks off
- Meeting of Eastern Africa Defense, Security Council in Nairobi
- Kenya, Somalia vow to eliminate Al-Shabaab
- ENCDC holds a conference on the prevailing of freedom, democracy and justice in Eritrea