MetEc to produce 100MW electric power from waste

  • PDF

Addis Ababa, 9 June 2014 (WIC) -Metal and Engineering Corporation (MetEc) has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Addis Ababa city administration and the Ethiopian Electric Power Service to produce 100 MW of electric power from Addis Ababa’s waste.

MetEc has also signed an agreement last week with the Canadian company that provides the technology for generating electric power from waste. MetEc is expected to begin operation next month once it finalized the agreement with the Canadian company.

The waste power generators will be located at the Akaki-Kaliti and Bole-Arabsa solid waste sites.
The project’s 75% power will be generated from Addis Ababa’s solid waste and the remaining 25% is known to be from the city’s liquid waste. MetEc is preparing to receive fourteen hectares of land for the project.

The finance source for the project will be provided by the Canadian company. The amount of electric power generated depends on the amount of waste available.
Once the project is finalized and when power generation is started, Ethiopian Electric Power Service will issue the payment for the project through MetEc.

It is remembered that a British company named Harvard had began operation to generate electric power from the waste located at the Repi area of Addis. (Reporter)

Subscribe to get latest news

Visitors Counter

mod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_counter
mod_vvisit_counterToday47221
mod_vvisit_counterYesterday55771
mod_vvisit_counterThis week202472
mod_vvisit_counterLast week217248
mod_vvisit_counterThis month796582
mod_vvisit_counterLast month1271595
mod_vvisit_counterAll days( since may 28, 2013)13202672

We have: 1235 guests, 44 bots online
No: 54.205.189.156
 , 
Today: Jul 25, 2014